India-UK Tech Summit was announced by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi during his visit to the UK a year before the Summit.
The objective of the Summit was to bring together Tech Companies of both the nations under one roof and deliberate on possible collaborations.
Equal participation had to be ensured from both the countries.
Pre-Event promotions started a month before the event.
The event was promoted on Social Media. A Social Wall was setup during the event that displayed live tweets with the event. Event was covered live with live tweets every 30 seconds from various sessions.
Content was created promoting
- The speakers – which included the Prime Ministers of India & UK and several Union Ministers from both the countries
- Sessions during the event
- Video Bytes/ Quotes of Top CEOs of both the countries
- Case Studies of Collaboration between India & the UK
The sessions were streamed live on Facebook & Twitter during the event
- Event hashtag #TechSmt2016 trended both in India & UK with equal impressions in both the countries reaching about 14 million people.
- User engagement of India and UK were at 60% and 40% respectively.
- Prime Ministers on India and UK and several other Twitter Influencers from both the Governments & Industry tweeted about the event & retweeted CII’s tweets
Converse with the Future Newsletter
Sign up for our monthly newsletter where we deep dive into digital economy and the work we do at iarani Inc.